I remember a few months ago, when I stepped into the school compound in December to collect my PMR results. Millions of thoughts were crowding my mind back then that I couldn't think straight. The only train of thought I remembered having was 'What if..?' When I collected my results, I shouted when I saw the straight A's written in the paper. Alhamdulillah. I remembered crying when I called my mom and dad and having this thought in my head; "This is it. You made your parents proud.. and that is all that matters"
If true courage was to be found in me, it would be seen in the first few weeks of Form 4 life. Battling perceptions and cruel remarks can be a tough fight. And in such cases, its either you win or lose. It was unfair of those people to question my choice of going to Humanities Class, and for all the tears they made me shed. But I fought it with the help of my family. What I kept in mind was that those people were nobody to me, absolutely
nobody. They made no mark in my life in which their words should make any affect on me. What I know was that my family is fair and they support me. And with that, I won that particular battle.
That was eight months ago.
Now, I am a Humanitarian Student in Class 4 Rembrandt.
It may sound cliche but I have never been so content with my school life until now. As a lot of you may already know, I do not look forward to school anymore. I do not mind studying, I really don't... but at this point in life, I want something different in my everyday life and school is simply not one of them. But being in my class, it gets easier.
My classmates and I went passed the awkward start in our meeting where nobody knows anybody. Now, we are friends, very good friends. They are my source of happiness that brought light to my dislike towards school. They make me actually,
sincerely happy in school. They make laugh my throat off, makes me go crazy and I am not afraid to be myself in front of them. They understand me and are able to tolerate me. We may not be the best of friends, but they are the truest of friends. I am grateful for their presence in my life now... that's how important they are to me.
And probably, I wouldn't ever be warmed by the thought of school but what my classmates do is that they strengthen my patience to tolerate. It is easy to say that they are like my family, who gives me hope.
**

So, this post goes out to all those people who had been there with me the whole time;
my family as well as for those who had made a mark in my life this year;
my classmates.
Thank you, and I love you.