beautiful (Saturday, March 21, 2009 / 2:43 PM)
Life is beautiful. It is a mere fact, I used to often deny. Though I am aware that life is like a roller-coaster ride with nauseating ups and downs, I always inhale the happiness but refuse to take in the despair. At times, I forget that life has this amazing charisma that merges both reality and fantasy, that most of time, I only want the fantasy part of it.
Sometimes, I expect everyday to be a day that starts with "once upon a time" and ends with "..and they lived happily ever after", like in the classic fairytales. Like how it just so happens Cinderella's glass slipper decides to slip of her feet or how the prince wakes Snow White from her deep sleep. The little things that changes these characters' lives forever.
What can I say? I'm still a kid. A kid who knows how to dream and know the feeling of wanting something so bad. We can't help to want what we want, we are kids. We are all, just kids.
I cherish the laughter and the smiles. Cherish it to the very core of my heart. Want the memories to stay there, having a desperate hope that the memories won't ever falter. But the tears and pain, I bury deep inside of me. Keep it away, far away. Channel them out from me.
Because sometimes I am selfish. But I know that life is out of our hands. My family always reminds me that we can always plan our future, but the one who decides is God. That, I always remember. That is why as I grow up, I learn to accept everything that happens. From the good to very bad. I try :)
The teardrops are like blood and the laughter are like the sweat. They are apart of me. They had always been mine. So why keep one and throw the other? Why do I easily forget that this life is beautiful?
Life is beautiful to me because no matter what tempest falls on me, the flowers are still beautifully scented, the grass, still green. Life is beautiful because when I fall, they'll be something on the other side, that helps me get back up on my feet. Life is more beautiful because I have a family that loves me. Life is beautiful because I experience many things outside the usual happiness such as pain.
Life is beautiful because life is like a fairytale. People might disagree with me but I think we forget that even the characters in that fairytale experience pain and humiliation to get to one point of the lives. We forget that because we are blinded by the quote "happily ever after".
Life is beautiful because I am trying to accept both reality and fantasy, and the side-effects that come with it. Life is beautiful because it has always been beautiful and I was just too blind to see it.
:)